Saturday, January 03, 2009

I love that new year smell

Thank goodness 2009 is here. It's just a relief to have 2008 behind me and the promise of a new year before me.

I've been thinking about resolutions -- I prefer to think of them as goals instead of resolutions. "Resolutions" sounds so absolute! One of the simplest goals this year will be for me to finally see Chuck Berry perform live. Although he is probably a pervert, he is a rock and roll legend who regularly performs live right here in St. Louis, so it would be a shame if I didn't see him.

Another goal I have is to get back into riding centuries this year (100-mile bike rides). I didn't do any centuries in 2008, but did 3 of them in 2007.

I will also continue working towards the home organization/cleanout efforts I started last year and continue keeping in touch with friends/family.

I've also been teaching myself new things in the kitchen. I have been moving into making yeast breads in 2008 so I want to expand on that this year. This week I made my first ever homemade pizza dough and baked it on the pizza stone I received for Christmas. Today we're expanding on those efforts and making calzones. The major baking goal for 2009 is to make my own pie crust instead of using the store-bought stuff.

Professionally speaking, of course the first priority in this economy is just to hang on to a job. Beyond that, I just hope to continue growing and always learning at my workplace.

Finally, I will continue to keep God at the center of my life.

May God bless you and have a happy and healthy new year.

No comments: