Thursday, October 18, 2007

Riding a bike with David Byrne

This is an interesting perspective from David Byrne's bicycle helmet cam as he rides through the streets of NYC. This video was part of a performance he put on. As the video ends, he is riding up a ramp to the stage. In the live performance, they showed this video on a screen, then when the video ended, he rode out onto the stage as though he had just finished riding into the theater. I would have liked to have seen the performance.

Anyway, the helmet cam gives you a good idea of what it's like to bike in NYC traffic. I got a tiny taste of it when I finished a ride on October 7, the timing of which landed me in the middle of downtown congestion after a Rams game. I was not too keen on riding in between two columns of cars, but managed to get through it without injury/crashing.

No comments: