Friday, December 07, 2007

A new perspective

Chicago's outdoor sculpture, called Cloud Gate, in Millennium Park is like a huge distortion mirror. Everybody in Chicago affectionately refers to it as the bean, sort of like everyone in St. Louis calls the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial the arch.

Here's a pic of the bean around twilight today. There's snow on it right now.
From Chicago Trip ...

Here's an interesting perspective of me taking a picture of myself in it with the distorted Chicago skyline also in the reflection.
From Chicago Trip ...

I really liked going underneath it to look up into its center. It wasn't at all what I expected it would be like; it reminded me a lot of a black hole. It's not something I was able to photograph well in the light that I had, so you'll just have to go there yourself!

No comments: