Thursday, December 04, 2008

My Friend Kathy

We had some very sad news on Thanksgiving -- our friend Kathy passed away that morning!

Kathy was a wonderful, giving, kind person and she will be sorely missed. She was full of a joy for life and shared that generously with so many people.

In addition to her wonderful gift for sharing in her personal relationships, one of the most remarkable things about Kathy's life was how she spent it professionally. She worked in the St. Louis Special School District for 31 years. For most of those years, she taught behaviorally-disordered children. Later, she moved into counseling for both children and parents.

There really isn't much I can do here to adequately explain Kathy's wide-ranging influence. All I can do is say I miss her and I look forward to the day when I see her again.

No comments: