Friday, April 04, 2008

Abundance

Sometimes, rather than trying to digest all the readings for a given day together, it is useful to reflect on one idea or even just one word. The concept that really caught my attention today was that of abundance (John 6:1-15).

I have been very fortunately blessed with a great share of spiritual abundance in my life, particularly in the last few years. The Holy Spirit has led me to a Christian life, acceptance of Jesus Christ as my redeemer and soul-savior, helped me understand that I am one of God's children who is and has always been loved by the Father, and has brought me to a wonderful parish community.

In trying to understand what it means to be one of God's children, I think we all have, at one time or another, a hard time wrapping our heads around that idea. How does a being so cosmic even notice me, let alone love me, a single soul among billions? How awesome is the idea that I am sister, through the brotherhood of Jesus Christ, to all the others here on this planet now, those who came before me, and those who will exist after me?

Being a relatively new Christian (just passed my two-year anniversary this Easter), my status as a child of God is something I am only lately really beginning to fully grasp. It has been another in numerous epiphanies in this unfolding mystery of my faith.

1 comment:

Mano said...

Hi,

You've got a really nice blog. To turn out to be a prosperous individual the basic factor would be to have positive thinking. Appreciate Sky Rocketing Good results with Turbo charged Positive Affirmations... Develop Positive Thinking So It is possible to Do away with Tension Out of your Existence, Enhance Your Self-Confidence and Program Your self For Lifetime Success!