Saturday, November 10, 2007

Wiped!

Quick post this evening as I am just about wiped out for the day.

Last night was my parish's biennial fundraiser auction and it was quite the bash with well over 400 people there and lots of money raised. I snapped lots of pics, and when I get them posted on the web, I'll put the link here later (here it is!). I didn't leave until after midnight and didn't get to sleep until 2 AM. Got up at 6:30 to go to Saturday 8 AM Mass.

Mass today had Luke's gospel about a person who is trustworthy/dishonest in small matters, this person will likewise be trustworthy/dishonest in great matters. This gospel is a great lesson in how to conduct one's self with honor -- it really resonates with me since I work very hard to have good character and to me, honesty is essential to having good character. People don't mention this concept -- good character -- much anymore, but I have too much to say about it to get into it right now. I'll come back to it another day.

Came home and worked in the kitchen for a while this morning -- got a lot accomplished. Put together another no-knead bread that is rising as I write this, set a turkey breast to brining (to be baked tomorrow), baked some creme brulee brownies from a mix I won as part of one of the auction items from last night, baked some toffee bars, sauteed some chicken breast for use in salads.

This afternoon, I played paintball for the first time ever! That was a lot of fun and I'll definitely do it again. Buddy of mine I work with helped organize it. It's a good time. I ran through the woods and crawled through the grasses and even though it was my first time ever playing, I managed to take out a former Marine in one of the matches. I was pretty amazed that I did that.

Came home and shed my grungy paintballing clothes, grabbed a shower, and before you know it, I was ready for an evening with my husband at a romantic restaurant. From sweatpants and hiking boots covered with cockleburrs to a feminine cashmere sweater and 3" heels -- say what you want, but I am versatile!

No comments: